Your browser stores copies of the webpages that you visit on your local hard drive in something called the Temporary File Cache. Over time, this cache may fill up and that may cause unexpected behavior from our site such as charts that stop updating and forms that don't work.
If you see strange behavior from our website, one of the first things to try is to clear your Temporary File Cache and then restart your computer. Please follow the steps depending on if you use Window's or Mac.
Steps for Windows Computer
Click on the wrench to open the "Customize and Control" Google Chrome. Then, click on "History."
Clear All Browsing Data
Click on the box where it says "Clear All Browsing Data."
Clear Data And Restart The Computer
1. Select "the beginning of time" next to "Obliterate the following items from:"
2. Check the box next to "Empty the cache."
3. Click on the "Clear Browsing Data" button.
Steps for Mac Computer
- Click on "Chrome"
- Click on "Clear Browser Data" and new menu will popup.
Clear Browser Data And Restart The Computer
- Check the dropdown next to "Obliterate the following items from and select "the beginning of time"
- Check the box next to "Empty the cache"
- Click on the "Clear Browsing Data" button.
It is still possible that Chrome has some cached information in its memory. To be absolutely sure that you are not using any cached information, you should restart your computer at this point. Once it has rebooted, you can open Chrome again and go back to StockCharts.com.